Mcdeed's Enrolling Your Child in Kindergarten page

Enrolling Your Child in Kindergarten

Enrolling Your Child in Kindergarten
Posted on 04/20/2020

Do you have a child you need to register for Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 School Year? See below to learn how.  

COVID-19 Update

Kindergarten Registration Day was originally scheduled for March 20. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this event was cancelled and will not be held prior to May 15 since all NC schools are closed. Once we know when schools will be reopened, we will reschedule Kindergarten Registration and will post the new date here as well as share it on our social media channels. Please check this page often for potential changes or updates as well as the window for applying for transfers.  

In the interim, if you have a child who will be attending kindergarten next school year (2020-2021), we encourage you to complete the online enrollment process as soon as possible, if you have not done so already
.  Once you complete the online enrollment process, you will receive a call from Kimberly Bone, McDeeds Creek Data Manager, within three business days with further instructions and to coordinate submission of all required documents.

Please note that any child who will enter kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year must be 5 years of age on or before August 31, 2020.

How do I enroll my child?

All new student enrollments are completed online. To begin the online enrollment process, please go to the Enrolling Your Child web page and follow the instructions. You will be asked to set up a parent PowerSchool registration account. Please make sure you know your child’s home school before you begin.

What documentation do you need to register?

For more detailed information on what documents you will require, please visit the Needed Documents Page.
Parents/guardians will need to provide the following documentation to the school once the online enrollment process is complete. The school will contact you to coordinate submission of all required documents. 
  • Birth certificate or other proof of age
  • Proof of domicile (current utility bill or purchase agreement with a down payment)
  • Immunization record (originals from the doctor or health department)
  • Health Form for any new students enrolling in any North Carolina public school for the first time, regardless of age or grade. The form must be completed by a doctor. Click here to access the North Carolina Health Assessment Transmittal Form
  • Proof of legal custody or guardianship, if you are not the parent.

If you have any questions please contact Kimberly Bone at 910-722-4248 or email at 

Welcome to the BULL FAMILY!!! We are so excited to meet you!

Bull Family


  • McDeeds Creek Elementary
  • 2953 Camp Easter Road, Southern Pines, NC 28387
  • 910-722-4248
  • 910-773-1012
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.